Renal Case Study complaint of pruritus, lethargy.lower extremity edema, nausea and emesis. He denies any other medical i

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

Renal Case Study complaint of pruritus, lethargy.lower extremity edema, nausea and emesis. He denies any other medical i

Post by answerhappygod »

Renal Case Study Complaint Of Pruritus Lethargy Lower Extremity Edema Nausea And Emesis He Denies Any Other Medical I 1
Renal Case Study Complaint Of Pruritus Lethargy Lower Extremity Edema Nausea And Emesis He Denies Any Other Medical I 1 (47.05 KiB) Viewed 80 times
Renal Case Study complaint of pruritus, lethargy.lower extremity edema, nausea and emesis. He denies any other medical inedes The patient is a 41 year-old male who has a longstanding history of hypertension and diabetes and presents the o physical exam the patient is a well-developed, well-nourished male in moderate distress, Blood pressure The remainder of the exam was remarkable for 2+ lower extremity edenta and superficial excoriations of his skin from scratching Laboratory Data 133 Urinalysis pH 6.0 Specific gravity 1.010 Protein 1 Glucose negative Acetone negative Occult blood negative Bile negative Waxy casts Chemistry Sodium Potassium Chloride Total CO BUN Creatining Glucose Calcium Phosphorus Alkaline Phosphatase Parathyroid Hormone Hemoglobin Hematocrit 6.2 100 15 170 16,0 108 7.2 10.5 306 895 8.6 27.4 Normal Values 136-146 mmoll 35-53 mmol/l 98-108 mmol/l 23-27 mmol/l 7-22 mg di 0.7-15 mg di 70-110 medl 8.9.103 mg di 26-6.4 mg di 30-110 IUL 10-65 pg/ml 14-17 gmidl 40-5494 88 85.95 TL Mean cell volume Renal ultrasound-Right kidney 9 x 60 cm, Left kidney 92 x 5.8 cm both kidneys illustrate hyperechogenicity and no hydronephrosis. Begin by highlighting all the data that are abnormal in this case study Case #1 Questions 1. Presents with a complaint of pruritus, lethargy, lower extremity edema, nausea and emesis. what does the symptoms suggest to you? 2. What does S4 signify? What cardiac findings will you expect to find in a hypertensive? 5. What are the possibilities for his 2 lower extremity edema? 3. What is the significance of the finding "superficial excoriations of his skin from scratching."? 4. Why was a renal ultrasound ordered? What information can you gather from renal ultrasound studies?
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!