Hey i like soeone to provide more details and explanation to these. Please explain why the right answer is right and why

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

Hey i like soeone to provide more details and explanation to these. Please explain why the right answer is right and why

Post by answerhappygod »

Hey
i like soeone to provide more details and explanation to these.
Please explain why the right answer is right and why the wrong
answer is wrong.
if the answers indicated are not right let me know
Hey I Like Soeone To Provide More Details And Explanation To These Please Explain Why The Right Answer Is Right And Why 1
Hey I Like Soeone To Provide More Details And Explanation To These Please Explain Why The Right Answer Is Right And Why 1 (643.25 KiB) Viewed 55 times
Hey I Like Soeone To Provide More Details And Explanation To These Please Explain Why The Right Answer Is Right And Why 2
Hey I Like Soeone To Provide More Details And Explanation To These Please Explain Why The Right Answer Is Right And Why 2 (265.74 KiB) Viewed 55 times
Hey I Like Soeone To Provide More Details And Explanation To These Please Explain Why The Right Answer Is Right And Why 3
Hey I Like Soeone To Provide More Details And Explanation To These Please Explain Why The Right Answer Is Right And Why 3 (289.38 KiB) Viewed 55 times
25. The nurse is caring for an 80-year-old with chronic bronchitis. Upon the morning rounds, the nurse finds an O2 sat of 76%. Which of the following actions should the nurse take first? A. Notify the physician B. Recheck the O2 saturation level in 15 minutes C/Apply oxygen by mask D. Assess the pulse 25. The answer is : C. Apply oxygen by mask Remember the ABCs (airway, breathing, circulation) when answering this question. Before notifying the physician or assessing the pulse, oxygen should be applied to increase the oxygen saturation, so answers A and D are incorrect. The normal oxygen saturation for a child is 92%-100%, making answer B incorrect.
21. The nurse has a pre-op order to administer Valium (diazepam) 10mg and Phenergan (promethazine) 25mg. The correct method of administering these medications is to: A. Administer the medications together in one syringe B. Administer the medication separately C. Administer the Valium, wait 5 minutes, and then inject the Phenergan D. Question the order because they cannot be given at the same time 21. The Answer is - B. Administer the medication separately Valium is not given in the same syringe with other medications, so The Answer is : A (Douche after intercourse) is incorrect. These medications can be given to the same patient, so The Answer is : D (Ambulating the patient with a fractured hip) is incorrect. In The Answer is : C (Feeding the patient with dementia), it is not necessary to wait to inject the second medication. Valium is an antianxiety medication, and Phenergan is used as an antiemetic.
35. A male patient arriving in the emergency department is receiving cardiopulmonary resuscitation from paramedics who are giving ventilations through an endotracheal (ET) tube that they placed in the patient's home. During a pause in compressions, the cardiac monitor shows narrow QRS complexes and a heart rate of beats/minute with a palpable pulse. Which of the following actions should the nurse take first? a. Start an L.V. line and administer amiodarone (Cardarone), 300 mg L.V. over 10 minutes. b. Check endotracheal tube placement. c. Obtain an arterial blood gas (ABG) sample. d. Administer atropine, 1 mg L.V. 35. Answer: (B) Check endotracheal tube placement. ET tube placement should be confirmed as soon as the patient arrives in the emergency department. Once the airways is secured, oxygenation and ventilation should be confirmed using an end-tidal carbon dioxide monitor and pulse oximetry. Next, the nurse should make sure L.V. access is established. If the patient experiences symptomatic bradycardia, atropine is administered as ordered 0.5 to 1 mg every 3 to 5 minutes to a total of 3 mg. Then the nurse should try to find the cause of the patient's arrest by obtaining an ABG sample. Amiodarone is indicated for ventricular tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation and atrial flutter - not symptomatic bradycardia.
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!