Practical Application The Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care Practical Application 5 End of Life Care This assignme

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

Practical Application The Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care Practical Application 5 End of Life Care This assignme

Post by answerhappygod »

Practical Application The Fundamentals Of Hospice Palliative Care Practical Application 5 End Of Life Care This Assignme 1
Practical Application The Fundamentals Of Hospice Palliative Care Practical Application 5 End Of Life Care This Assignme 1 (114.97 KiB) Viewed 129 times
Practical Application The Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care Practical Application 5 End of Life Care This assignment may be completed in any style you choose - for example: written, collage, poem, picture, etc. Be creative. Using APA format answer the following questions in detail. Be sure to reference any information used from the textbook, power point slides or other sources. Read: Dr. Balfour Mount, one of the pioneers of hospice palliative care in Canada, tells the story of a 25- year old man who had been a football star in university, obtained great marks, had abs of steel, was considered to be good looking! He was diagnosed with a terminal illness and died a year later. On his deathbed he told Dr. Mount that this was "the most wonderful year of my life". Dr. Mount asked, "how could this year of pain and suffering be the most wonderful year of your life?" His response was his dying taught him about truly living, because he had the opportunity to slow down, to balance being and doing, to reappraise his values, to rest and nourish his soul. For most of us, our days are consumed by the multiple "doing" tasks required of us because of our various roles, (e.g., being a parent, a sibling, a health care provider, a friend, a volunteer). We don't often take the time to slow down, find the balance in being and doing, or rest and nourish our souls. Reflect on and record your answers to the following questions: 1. Who am I? What is my core belief related to the essence of who I am? 2. What is the meaning and purpose of my life? 3. What provides me with the courage/strength to carry on in difficult times? 4. How can understanding myself help me support patients and families experiencing a serious illness/end of life experience?
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!