AGSC 3120 Introduction to Applied Statistics Determine whether the question describes a statistic or a parameter 1. A re

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

AGSC 3120 Introduction to Applied Statistics Determine whether the question describes a statistic or a parameter 1. A re

Post by answerhappygod »

Agsc 3120 Introduction To Applied Statistics Determine Whether The Question Describes A Statistic Or A Parameter 1 A Re 1
Agsc 3120 Introduction To Applied Statistics Determine Whether The Question Describes A Statistic Or A Parameter 1 A Re 1 (54.36 KiB) Viewed 67 times
AGSC 3120 Introduction to Applied Statistics Determine whether the question describes a statistic or a parameter 1. A recent survey shows that 68% of supported a county bond issue (1 point) 2. A recent Census report shows that 66.9% of Tennessee residents live in urban areas. (1 point) 3. In a survey of parents with children under the age of 5 years, 85% of them reported their child has a pediatrician in the past year. (I point). 4. Refer to the HmL_Animals dataset. Using the "RAND" function in Excel, draw a simple random sample of 8 animals from the list of 40 animals in the table. Copy and paste eight animals you sample (in Excel) including the random numbers below this question. (3 points) Identify the kind of sample that is described (eg. Convenience, Stratified, Cluster). 5. Luther College in lowa has faculty that consists of 400 men and 200 women. The college administration wants to draw a random sample of 60 faculty members to gauge their opinion about a new parking fee. They draw a simple random sample of 40 men and 20 women. (I point). 6. Officials at a metropolitan transit authority want to get input from people who use a certain bus route about a possible change in the schedule. They randomly select 5 buses during a certain week and poll all riders on those buses about the change. (I point) Determine whether the data described are nominal or ordinal. 7. The category for a food safety survey: Very unlikely, Unlikely. Neither likely nor unlikely. Likely, and Very likely. (1 point). 8. Last semester, I took classes in Chemistry, Biology, History, and Mathematics. (I point) 9. The names of the counties in Tennessee. (I point) Determine whether the data described are discrete or continuous 10. The amount of caffeine in a bottle of diet coke. (1 point) 11. The numbers steps in the stairway of the Lawson Hall building. (I point) 12. The number of persons who volunteered as human subjects for a new cancer drug. (1 point) Determine whether the data described are at the interval level or the ratio level of measurement. 13. The sales price of Apple's latest iPhone. (I point) 14. The temperature in Lawson Hall Rm 110. (I point)
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!