its interpersonal comm 105 I couldn't find it on the subject

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

Post by answerhappygod »

Its Interpersonal Comm 105 I Couldn T Find It On The Subject 1
Its Interpersonal Comm 105 I Couldn T Find It On The Subject 1 (93.92 KiB) Viewed 33 times
Its Interpersonal Comm 105 I Couldn T Find It On The Subject 2
Its Interpersonal Comm 105 I Couldn T Find It On The Subject 2 (51.94 KiB) Viewed 33 times
Its Interpersonal Comm 105 I Couldn T Find It On The Subject 3
Its Interpersonal Comm 105 I Couldn T Find It On The Subject 3 (63.72 KiB) Viewed 33 times
endin... Register cincinnatistate.edu - /20 pts ces: Parent-Child Culture Clash UVIU Case Study 2. You're a first-generation American, the only child of parents who have deep ties to their home culture. Your mother was never openly affectionate, but when you were growing up, she let you know in many indirect ways that she loved you. But after your father died, that changed. She became coldly authoritarian, and throughout your teen years she bossed you around mercilessly. Your mother's cultural beliefs about parental power have become triggers for resentment since you left for college. She chose your major, based on your obligation to support her in the future," and even scheduled all your classes your freshman year. You went along with her wishes to preserve harmony, but you resent the fact that you are living the life she wants rather than your own. You've come to believe that she has no regard for, or interest in your dreams and desires. This past year, three things have happened that may divide you two further. First, you started going to a campus church with some of your American friends, rather than continuing your culture's religious practices. Although you initially did this as a secret protest against your mother, you've enjoyed the experience. Second, you met Devin. Devin is Euro-American, and he impresses you by being outgoing, warm, and funny. You two start dating, but-like the church thing-you don't tell your mom, because she would never approve. Third, through hanging out with Devin and your other American friends, you begin to question your cultural practices regarding parental power. This comes to a head when, with Devin's encouragement, you enroll in a couple of interesting electives. These classes make you realize you want
Think about all you've learned thus far about interpersonal communication. Then work through the following five steps. Remember, there are no "right" answers, so think hard about what is the best choice! Step 1: Reflect on yourself. What are your thoughts and feelings in this situation? Are your impressions and attributions accurate? Step 2: Reflect on your partner. Using perspective-taking and empathic concern, put yourself in your mother's shoes. What is she thinking and feeling in this situation? Step 3: Identify the optimal outcome. Think about your communication and relationship with your mother, as well as the situation surrounding your college experience and future. What's the best, most constructive relationship outcome possible?
- /20 ship Choices: Parent-Child Culture Clash Step 3: Identify the optimal outcome. Think about your communication and relationship with your mother, as well as the situation surrounding your college experience and future. What's the best, most constructive relationship outcome possible? Consider what's best for you and for your mother. Step 4: Locate the roadblocks. Taking into consideration your own and your mother's thoughts and feelings and all that has happened in this situation and in your home life, what obstacles are keeping you from achieving the optimal outcome? Step 5: Chart your course. What can you say to your mother to overcome the roadblocks you've identified and achieve your optimal outcome?
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!