DO NOT JUST GIVE ME ANSWERS. I WILL RATE YOU BADLY. PLEASE PROVIDE EXPLANATION I've already posted this questions previo

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

DO NOT JUST GIVE ME ANSWERS. I WILL RATE YOU BADLY. PLEASE PROVIDE EXPLANATION I've already posted this questions previo

Post by answerhappygod »

DO NOT JUST GIVE ME ANSWERS. I WILL RATE YOU BADLY.
PLEASE PROVIDE EXPLANATION
I've already posted this questions previously. The
person who answered copied the answer from another instance where
this question was asked. Instead of providing the answer can you
explain step by step? It's really frustrating. I'm confused about
interpreting the slope coefficient. E.g. for model i. the answer
says for every $1 million increase in sales, salary increases by
$15000. I understand that because if you sub in 1000000 and
multiply by 0.015 that's what you get.
What about for Model ii. I saw someone use e function.
How did they get that answer? And why did they use e
function?
In another answer I saw someone wrote for Model iii. For
every 1% increase in sales. Why did they use percentage instead of
$1 million like the other models? Why wasn't the e function used in
model iii and iv? How did they solve for log(sales)?
For question b. How do you distinguish if it's a linear
model? If it does not have log in the model does this mean it's
linear?
And for question c what are the different types of
causal effects? Can it be the downturn of an economy or
something?
AGAIN PLEASE I DO NOT WANT JUST ANSWERS, I WANT PROPER
EXPLANATION
Do Not Just Give Me Answers I Will Rate You Badly Please Provide Explanation I Ve Already Posted This Questions Previo 1
Do Not Just Give Me Answers I Will Rate You Badly Please Provide Explanation I Ve Already Posted This Questions Previo 1 (429.13 KiB) Viewed 119 times
where salary is the annual salary of a CEO measured in thousands of dollars, and sales is annual firm sales measured in millions of dollars. Using a random sample of 209 CEOs for the year 1990, four different functional forms has been estimated using OLS, producing the following results: į- salarý = 1174.5 + 0.015sales ii- log (salary) = 6.846 + 0.000015sales 111- salarý= -898.928 + 262.901log (sales) iv- log (salary) = 4.821 + 0.256log (sales) a) (20 marks) What are the interpretations of the slope coefficients in the estimated models above? Explain in words. b) (10 marks) In which of the regression models above, the relationship between variables (SALARY & SALES) is linear? c) (10 marks) Name one other possible factor that can have a causal effect on CEO salary. Explain the intuition for the causal effect of this factor on CEO salary.
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!