Question 1: Estimation and Hypothesis Tests-One Population. Part I. (20 Marks) An IQ test was administered to twelve stu

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

Question 1: Estimation and Hypothesis Tests-One Population. Part I. (20 Marks) An IQ test was administered to twelve stu

Post by answerhappygod »

Question 1 Estimation And Hypothesis Tests One Population Part I 20 Marks An Iq Test Was Administered To Twelve Stu 1
Question 1 Estimation And Hypothesis Tests One Population Part I 20 Marks An Iq Test Was Administered To Twelve Stu 1 (78.45 KiB) Viewed 34 times
Question 1: Estimation and Hypothesis Tests-One Population. Part I. (20 Marks) An IQ test was administered to twelve students and the scores were as follows: 1 Student IQ score 2 102 3 94 4 81 5 115 6 75 7 74 8 116 9 98 10 114 11 96 12 100 87 Assume that IQ is normally distributed with mean u and variance 02. 1. If o2=196, construct a 95% confidence interval foru, the true mean IQ in the population. (5 Marks) 2. What sample size is necessary to ensure an interval width w= 10? (5 Marks) 3. Now consider o2 unknown. Is the claim that u is less than 100 justified? Perform a test at the a=0.10 level of significance, by the following 5 steps: (10 Marks) Step 1. Hypotheses and significance level: Ho: Ha: Step 2. Test Statistic and its sampling distribution under Ho: Step 3. Observed value of the test statistic: Step 4. P-value under Ho: Step 5. Decision and conclusion (interpretation of the result): a=

Part II. (15 Marks) In an initial drugs test, 5.8% of job applicants tested negative. It is claimed that now the rate is lower. A random sample of 1520 current job applicants ended in 58 negative results. 1. Construct a 95% confidence interval for p, the true proportion of negative results in the population (classical form). (5 Marks) 2. Conduct a statistical test of hypothesis on this claim at the 0.01 level of significance, by the same 5 steps as above. (10 Marks)
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!