4. For a given constant v > 0, the Navier-Stokes equations, which describe the flow of a viscous, incompressible fluid i

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

4. For a given constant v > 0, the Navier-Stokes equations, which describe the flow of a viscous, incompressible fluid i

Post by answerhappygod »

4 For A Given Constant V 0 The Navier Stokes Equations Which Describe The Flow Of A Viscous Incompressible Fluid I 1
4 For A Given Constant V 0 The Navier Stokes Equations Which Describe The Flow Of A Viscous Incompressible Fluid I 1 (79.79 KiB) Viewed 69 times
Answer all please. Thanks!
4. For a given constant v > 0, the Navier-Stokes equations, which describe the flow of a viscous, incompressible fluid in a pipe 12, are given by au +(u: Vàu + Vp = v Au, at where the pipe 1 R3 is given in set notation by ER3 : yż + y} <R ] with R >O is the radius of the pipe. (a) Sketch the set 12 which models the pipe. (2 marks) (b) Assuming that the pressure p is constant, verify that the time-independent vector field u: 1 → R3 defined by u(x):= (°*") a solution of the Navier-Stokes equations (1) in for some fixed constant DER the pipe 12. (5 marks) (c) By solving the following initial-value problem dF (t;xo) = u(F(t; xo), t), dt F(0; xo) = Xo for the flow operator F, find the location at time t = 1 of a tracer particle P in the pipe whose initial position is at Xo = (0,0,0). (13 marks)
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!