I dont understand how you got u=0 or u=c.Can you please explain it to me. Thank you.

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

I dont understand how you got u=0 or u=c.Can you please explain it to me. Thank you.

Post by answerhappygod »

I Dont Understand How You Got U 0 Or U C Can You Please Explain It To Me Thank You 1
I Dont Understand How You Got U 0 Or U C Can You Please Explain It To Me Thank You 1 (83.44 KiB) Viewed 64 times
I Dont Understand How You Got U 0 Or U C Can You Please Explain It To Me Thank You 2
I Dont Understand How You Got U 0 Or U C Can You Please Explain It To Me Thank You 2 (81.68 KiB) Viewed 64 times
12:00 A LTE f Differential Equations wit... Ch 1 12.2 12.3 12.4 12.5 12.6 Р GE 7E 8E 9E 10E Chapter 12.4 Problem 8E Problem In Problem solve the wave equation (1) subject conditions. ди 0, = 0 ax lx=L ди ax lx=0 ди u(x, 0) = x, = 0 atl=0 This problem could describe the longitudinal dis u(x, t) of a vibrating elastic bar. The boundary cc x = 0 and x = L are called free-end conditions. S 12.4.4. Hu(x, 1 L FIGURE 12.4.4 Vibrating elastic bar in Pro Cro
{ K Differential Equations wit... so Ch 1 12.2 12.3 12.4 12.5 12.6 Р 6E 7E 8E 9E 10E Chapter 12.4 Problem 8E Or? ニー " And ди = X(x).T' @t O’u = X(x).T' (1) Or? Substituting these in (1) gives a’X (x)T()= X(X)T ) X T - 1 (say) Xat X + 2X=0 and Tha T =0 These differential equations yield different solutions corresponding to different values of 2. 2=0 : X =qX+C2 For T =c;t+C4 So that the solution to (1) is u(x,t)=((x+c).(c;t+c) The boundary conditions lead to the trivial solution u=0 or u=C
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!