. Consider the scalar ODE 2' = (x + 1)(x - 1)(x - 2)²(x – 3). [One can solve this by sophomore differential equations me

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

. Consider the scalar ODE 2' = (x + 1)(x - 1)(x - 2)²(x – 3). [One can solve this by sophomore differential equations me

Post by answerhappygod »

Consider The Scalar Ode 2 X 1 X 1 X 2 X 3 One Can Solve This By Sophomore Differential Equations Me 1
Consider The Scalar Ode 2 X 1 X 1 X 2 X 3 One Can Solve This By Sophomore Differential Equations Me 1 (45.92 KiB) Viewed 64 times
. Consider the scalar ODE 2' = (x + 1)(x - 1)(x - 2)²(x – 3). [One can solve this by sophomore differential equations methods, but doing so it not necessary, or even particularly useful, in answering this question.] Note that this is an ODE to which our elementary arguments show that there is exactly one maximal solution satisfying any initial condition x(to) = 30. (a) What are the equilibrium solutions? (b) Consider an initial condition 2(0) = 20. For which zo will the graph of the solution have a horizontal asymptote as to? (c) Consider an initial condition 2(0) = 80. For which wo will the graph of the solution have a horizontal asymptote as t-00? (d) Consider an initial condition z(0) = xo. For which xo might the graph of the solution have a vertical asymptote? (e) On the same set of axes, graph the solutions satisfying (i) x(0) = 0. (ii) x (2) = 0. (iii) x(0) = 4. (iv) (2) = 4. Putt on the horizontal axis and x on the vertical.
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!