Question 3) (20 p.) Consider a queueing system with two types of customers. Type I customers arrive according to a Poiss

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

Question 3) (20 p.) Consider a queueing system with two types of customers. Type I customers arrive according to a Poiss

Post by answerhappygod »

Question 3 20 P Consider A Queueing System With Two Types Of Customers Type I Customers Arrive According To A Poiss 1
Question 3 20 P Consider A Queueing System With Two Types Of Customers Type I Customers Arrive According To A Poiss 1 (39.2 KiB) Viewed 82 times
Question 3) (20 p.) Consider a queueing system with two types of customers. Type I customers arrive according to a Poisson process with a mean rate of 5 per hour. Type 2 customers also arrive according to a Poisson process with a mean rate of 5 per hour. The system has two servers, both of which serve both types of customers. For both types, service times have an exponential distribution with a mean of 10minutes. Service is provided on a first-come-first-served basis. a) What is the probability distribution (including its mean) of the time between consecutive arrivals of customers of any type? (10 p.) b) When a particular type 2 customer arrives, he finds two type 1 customers there in the process of being served but no other customers in the system. What is the probability distribution (including its mean) of this type 2 customer's waiting time in the queue? (10 p.)
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!