Every now and then even a good diamond cutter has a problem and the diamond breaks. For one cutter, the rate of breaks i

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

Every now and then even a good diamond cutter has a problem and the diamond breaks. For one cutter, the rate of breaks i

Post by answerhappygod »

Every Now And Then Even A Good Diamond Cutter Has A Problem And The Diamond Breaks For One Cutter The Rate Of Breaks I 1
Every Now And Then Even A Good Diamond Cutter Has A Problem And The Diamond Breaks For One Cutter The Rate Of Breaks I 1 (83.18 KiB) Viewed 103 times
Every now and then even a good diamond cutter has a problem and the diamond breaks. For one cutter, the rate of breaks is 0.3%. (a) What probability model seems well suited to this problem? Why? (b) If this cutter works on 84 stones, what is the probability that he breaks 2 or more? (a) Choose the correct answer below. O A. The binomial model is more appropriate because the breaks happen at a constant rate over space. OB. The Poisson model is more appropriate because the breaks happen at a constant rate over time. O C. The Poisson model is more appropriate because the breaks happen at a constant rate over space. OD. The Poisson model is more appropriate because there is a constant probability of success. O E. The binomial model is more appropriate because there are distinct Bernoulli trials. OF. The binomial model is more appropriate because the outcomes are dependent. (b) If the cutter works on 84 stones, the probability that he breaks 2 or more is (Round to four decimal places as needed.)
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!