5. The significance level, alpha, is the probability of: committing Type 1 Error. O committing Type II Error. O rejectin

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

5. The significance level, alpha, is the probability of: committing Type 1 Error. O committing Type II Error. O rejectin

Post by answerhappygod »

5 The Significance Level Alpha Is The Probability Of Committing Type 1 Error O Committing Type Ii Error O Rejectin 1
5 The Significance Level Alpha Is The Probability Of Committing Type 1 Error O Committing Type Ii Error O Rejectin 1 (438.59 KiB) Viewed 102 times
5. The significance level, alpha, is the probability of: committing Type 1 Error. O committing Type II Error. O rejecting the null hypothesis. rejecting the alternative hypothesis. 6. A smoke alarm is supposed to make noise when there is a fire and stay silent when there is no fire. Designers of a smoke detector would use the following hypotheses: HO: There is no fire. HA: There is a fire. If you were designing a smoke detector, would you want to pick a large alpha or small alpha? O A Type I error is worse than a Type Il error, so I would pick a large alpha. O A Type I error is worse than a Type Il error, so I would pick a small alpha. O A Type II error is worse than a Type I error, so I would pick a large alpha. O A Type II error is worse than a Type I error, so I would pick a small alpha. 7. Prop XYZ is coming up on the ballot. A polling agency takes a random sample and finds that the 52% of those surveyed support the proposition with a margin of error of 4%. What best describes what this means? There is a 95% probability that the proportion of voters that will support the ballot is between 48% and 56%. There is a 95% probability that another sample of voters will have between 48% and 56% supporting XYZ. The proportion of voters that support Prop XYZ is between 48% and 56% with the selected level of confidence. O With 95% confidence, Prop XYZ has 52% of voter support.
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!