a. We discussed in class today the multinomial probability distribution and its joint moment generating function. Here i

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

a. We discussed in class today the multinomial probability distribution and its joint moment generating function. Here i

Post by answerhappygod »

A We Discussed In Class Today The Multinomial Probability Distribution And Its Joint Moment Generating Function Here I 1
A We Discussed In Class Today The Multinomial Probability Distribution And Its Joint Moment Generating Function Here I 1 (31.55 KiB) Viewed 69 times
a. We discussed in class today the multinomial probability distribution and its joint moment generating function. Here is a note on the multinomial distribution: A sequence of n independent experiments is performed and each experiment can result in one of r possible outcomes with probabilities p1.p2... Pr with pi = 1. Let X be the number of the n experiments that result in outcome i, i = 1,2,...,r. Then, P(X1 = T1, X2 = 22,...,X, = x) = nang PTp...p". The joint moment generating function of the multinomial distribution is given by My(t) = (pie't + pze"? + ... + prer)". Use properties of joint moment generating functions to find the probability distribution of X. b. Refer to question (a). Find the mean of X and the variance covariance matrix of X, where X = (X1, X2,...,xn).
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!