The residuals ei = Yi - ĝi have a natural correlation structure when the linear model assumptions are met. In particular

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

The residuals ei = Yi - ĝi have a natural correlation structure when the linear model assumptions are met. In particular

Post by answerhappygod »

The Residuals Ei Yi Gi Have A Natural Correlation Structure When The Linear Model Assumptions Are Met In Particular 1
The Residuals Ei Yi Gi Have A Natural Correlation Structure When The Linear Model Assumptions Are Met In Particular 1 (143.28 KiB) Viewed 122 times
The residuals ei = Yi - ĝi have a natural correlation structure when the linear model assumptions are met. In particular, they have a variance that is proportional to 1 – hii, where hii is the ith diagonal of the hat matrix H = x(x'x)-'x'. So sometimes studentized residuals are used instead for diagnostics: ei ri= Vô2(1 – hii) Let e denote the residual vector Y - Ỹ. Note that û = xß = x(x'x)-'x'Y = HY Show that vare = 02(I – H). (Hint: first write Y – û in terms of I – H; then the problem should be a one-liner.) Are r1, ..., In independent for general x? Why or why not? Answer in 1 sentence. (Hint: refer to part i.)
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!