3. I am bactericidal and I am used to treat urinary and respiratory infections by destroying their bacterial DNA. Althou

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

3. I am bactericidal and I am used to treat urinary and respiratory infections by destroying their bacterial DNA. Althou

Post by answerhappygod »

3. I am bactericidal and I am used to treat urinary and respiratory infections by destroying their bacterial DNA. Although I am good at my job, I can cause cardiac arrhythmia therefore, I come with a black box warning. In addition, runners and athletes do not like me very much due to problems I cause for them. What drug class am I? What problems can occur in athletes taking these medications? March out the drug class according to categories.
4. I am bactericidal and I do not go the PO route because I do not mix well with stomach acid. I am known to cause kidney and hearing problems due to having a narrow therapeutic index. What drug class am I? What method is used to determine if I am within the therapeutic index? Please explain in detail. In addition, I do not play well in the sandbox with vitamin K therefore, what drug class do I interact poorly with and explain what happens when we meet.
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!