PHHE 441- Fall 2021 Case Study #1 - You're the Boss Employee Profiles: Harold Winslow and James Ross Harold Winslow has

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

PHHE 441- Fall 2021 Case Study #1 - You're the Boss Employee Profiles: Harold Winslow and James Ross Harold Winslow has

Post by answerhappygod »

Phhe 441 Fall 2021 Case Study 1 You Re The Boss Employee Profiles Harold Winslow And James Ross Harold Winslow Has 1
Phhe 441 Fall 2021 Case Study 1 You Re The Boss Employee Profiles Harold Winslow And James Ross Harold Winslow Has 1 (76.7 KiB) Viewed 173 times
intro to health care admin
Phhe 441 Fall 2021 Case Study 1 You Re The Boss Employee Profiles Harold Winslow And James Ross Harold Winslow Has 2
Phhe 441 Fall 2021 Case Study 1 You Re The Boss Employee Profiles Harold Winslow And James Ross Harold Winslow Has 2 (76.7 KiB) Viewed 173 times
Phhe 441 Fall 2021 Case Study 1 You Re The Boss Employee Profiles Harold Winslow And James Ross Harold Winslow Has 3
Phhe 441 Fall 2021 Case Study 1 You Re The Boss Employee Profiles Harold Winslow And James Ross Harold Winslow Has 3 (100.15 KiB) Viewed 173 times
PHHE 441- Fall 2021 Case Study #1 - You're the Boss Employee Profiles: Harold Winslow and James Ross Harold Winslow has been working at Pleasant Valley Hospital System since 2007. He started out as an office assistant and went back to school in the evenings, eventually earning his CPA and MBA. Harold has earned the respect of his peers at other hospitals and has put several accounting practices to work at Pleasant Valley that have saved the hospital system a considerable amount of money. Since 2016, Mr. Winslow has conducted night courses in advanced accounting and finance at a nearby four- year college, in addition to his job duties at his hospital system. By April of 2021, Harold was on a short list of applicants for the position of Finance Director at Pleasant Valley. But James Ross was hired instead. Harold Winslow, Accountant James Ross was hired in early April 2021 to fill a position which had been vacant for eight months. Hired away from a Chicago based pharmaceutical firm, Ross has had an extensive background in strategic management and HR Although Jim impressed the Board of Direc- tors at Pleasant Valley, and sailed through the Interview process, he is having second thoughts about having left an unchallenging but lucrative position with his former employer. His main source of frustration in his new job is his inability to communicate with his principal accountant, Harold. Jim feels as though Harold is competent but that he may be unwilling to try anything new. James Ross, the new Finance Director Directions for "You're the Boss". continued on www.pares 2 and 3:
You're the Boss, continued. page 2 The Challenge: Communication. Leadership. Motivation, People Problems "I don't think this is the approach to take at all." said accountant Harold Winslow to his now manager, Finance Director James Ross. This response had not been unanticipated: Ross, in his second month on the job, had already come to expect Winslow to oppose almost every assignment he handed out or every course of action he recommended. Ross was especially frustrated with his less-than-satisfactory relationship with Winslow because he recognized this long-time employee of the hospital was a capable accountant who was highly knowledgeable of health care finance and reimbursement protocols. Ross asked, "And why do you think it isn't right?" "It just isn't, that's all," said Winslow, who then added, "It's unlike anything we've ever done. If this sort of thing really worked, we'd have done it a long time ago." "Was this plan ever considered? Or one like it?" Ross countered. Winslow shrugged, "Don't know. May be in the organization's archives somewhere". Ross took a deep breath. "Look Harold," he began, "I've got my orders and there are orders involved from higher management. I believe that this is probably the best way of doing what we've got to do. And since you have more knowledge of this than anyone else in the organization, I'll need you to take the load on this project." "Of course I'll do it, if that's what you're telling me to do," said Winslow. "More than that," said Ross. I need you to own the project, to innovate, to look at it in ways that never occurred to even me. I need you to do the best job you can do on this." Again Winslow shrugged, his mask of skepticism unchanged, and he said, "You tell me to do it, I'll do it. You're the boss." After they parted Ross could not help but feel uncasy about the assigning this task to Winslow, even though Winslow was technically the best person available to get the project completed. The Resolution? These are the questions you need to answer for Case Study/ Discussion Board Topic #1 Answer these two questions for your initial Thread posting! Click onto "Discussion Board on the Cass website menu, and then click onto the underlined title of this topic to post your answer), Select "create thread" at top of screen. 1. What can Ross do to try to get Winslow to willingly apply his full knowledge and experience to the assignment? (You must reply in at least 50 words to this question) 2. What two factors might be behind Winslow's apparent lack of motivation, and how should Ross address this problem overall? (You must reply in at least 50 words to this question, too). Use your text materials as a beginning, not an ending point, in your discussion! Look through Chapters 1-4 for help in how Ross should motivate and energize Winslow. • Cite the Chapter and page where you found information you are going to use in Your reply
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!