You are working as a DBA for a DSS system, on which applications primarily perform large sequential I/Os. The company wa

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

You are working as a DBA for a DSS system, on which applications primarily perform large sequential I/Os. The company wa

Post by answerhappygod »

You are working as a DBA for a DSS system, on which applications primarily perform large sequential I/Os. The company wants to upgrade the storage used by the database to faster hard disks. What other factors would you consider before giving the go-ahead for the new hard disks? (Choose all that apply.)

A. the sizing of PGA to meet the faster data access
B. the sizing of buffer cache to meet the faster data access
C. the time it takes for a submitted I/O request to be serviced by the storage
D. the capacity of the I/O channel that connects the server to the storage array
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!

This question has been solved and has 1 reply.

You must be registered to view answers and replies in this topic. Registration is free.

Register Login