I. APPLICATION EXPERIMENT: LOOP THE LOOP Problem: Calculate the minimum height at which your ball needs to be dropped in

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

I. APPLICATION EXPERIMENT: LOOP THE LOOP Problem: Calculate the minimum height at which your ball needs to be dropped in

Post by answerhappygod »

I Application Experiment Loop The Loop Problem Calculate The Minimum Height At Which Your Ball Needs To Be Dropped In 1
I Application Experiment Loop The Loop Problem Calculate The Minimum Height At Which Your Ball Needs To Be Dropped In 1 (51.52 KiB) Viewed 22 times
I. APPLICATION EXPERIMENT: LOOP THE LOOP Problem: Calculate the minimum height at which your ball needs to be dropped in order to make the loop. Available Equipment: ball, scale, meter stick. a) Write out the problem you are solving, including a description and sketch for Saalih, who has not seen the loop. b) Identify what mathematical equations you need to solve the problem, and how you will get the solution from them. c) Identify any measurements you need to make. Make those measurements at least five times each and provide clear explanations of which measurements were made and what your uncertainties were. d) List any assumptions you are making in the solution to the problem. e) Choose two of your assumptions and describe how they would affect your results if they are not good assumptions to make. f) Provide your instructor with a height value for testing, including an acceptable error in that height. (In other words, what error is acceptable so that the error in the height is not your weakest link?). g) Make a judgment about the result of the experiment. If your solution did not work, return to part d) and begin to test those assumptions. For this, you are allowed to drop the ball along the track as many times as you like to test your assumptions. You can also draw on the ball. Draw conclusions about which assumptions seem safe to make and which may not be. h) If the ball were given a push instead of dropped, would the minimum height be higher or lower? Why? i) Where along the loop track does the ball have the greatest speed? How do you know?
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!