Question 2: Simple proofs (10 marks) (a) Let S C C be a bounded set in the complex plane. Define the closure of S to be

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

Question 2: Simple proofs (10 marks) (a) Let S C C be a bounded set in the complex plane. Define the closure of S to be

Post by answerhappygod »

Question 2 Simple Proofs 10 Marks A Let S C C Be A Bounded Set In The Complex Plane Define The Closure Of S To Be 1
Question 2 Simple Proofs 10 Marks A Let S C C Be A Bounded Set In The Complex Plane Define The Closure Of S To Be 1 (27.75 KiB) Viewed 56 times
Question 2: Simple proofs (10 marks) (a) Let S C C be a bounded set in the complex plane. Define the closure of S to be the set S = SUOS. Show that (i) S is bounded: (ii) S is closed (b) Prove Corollary 13.3, i.e. the statement "The maximum modulus of a function that is holomorphic in a bounded domain, and contin- uous on the closed set Quan is always attained at the boundary." As part of this proof you are expected to show that (i) the function : C-R that sends 2 to 1z| is continuous. (You may use this to conclude that if is continuous wherever f is); (ii) the maximum is attained; (iii) the maximum is located at the boundary. You may use the outcome of part (a) as well as results stated on lecture slides or on the Problem Sheets.
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!