Discrete Math Solve the following syllogisms

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

Discrete Math Solve the following syllogisms

Post by answerhappygod »

Discrete Math
Solve the following syllogisms
Discrete Math Solve The Following Syllogisms 1
Discrete Math Solve The Following Syllogisms 1 (178 KiB) Viewed 47 times
In each case, define variables for each elemental proposition and write each given statement as an implication using symbolic logic notation. Then determine the logical conclusion and state it in ordinary English. Be sure to explain how you know that each logical proposition has the same meaning as the given English statements. (a) My saucepans are the only things I have that are made of tin. I find all your presents very useful. None of my saucepans are of the slightest use. (b) No birds, except ostriches, are 9 feet high. There are no birds in this aviary that belong to anyone but me. No ostrich lives on mince pies. I have no birds less than 9 feet high.
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!