Consider a column-vector w containing two random variables denoted X and Y. That is w = [X Y]T. Assume the following: (i

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

Consider a column-vector w containing two random variables denoted X and Y. That is w = [X Y]T. Assume the following: (i

Post by answerhappygod »

Consider A Column Vector W Containing Two Random Variables Denoted X And Y That Is W X Y T Assume The Following I 1
Consider A Column Vector W Containing Two Random Variables Denoted X And Y That Is W X Y T Assume The Following I 1 (120.29 KiB) Viewed 63 times
Consider a column-vector w containing two random variables denoted X and Y. That is w = [X Y]T. Assume the following: (i) E[X] = 0, E[Y] = 0, (ii) E[X²] = 02, E[Y2] = 0;, (iii) E[XY] = Oxy #0 (a) Derive the variance-covariance matrix of w. (b) Calculate the determinant of the variance-covariance matrix you derived in (a). Would the variance-covariance matrix be invertible if X and Y were perfectly correlated. Justify your answer. (c) Let d [d11 012] be a row-vector containing non-random elements. Calculate the variance of dw.
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!