A UCSB student can decide to either go to graduate school or get a job after graduation. Assume that these choices are i

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

A UCSB student can decide to either go to graduate school or get a job after graduation. Assume that these choices are i

Post by answerhappygod »

A Ucsb Student Can Decide To Either Go To Graduate School Or Get A Job After Graduation Assume That These Choices Are I 1
A Ucsb Student Can Decide To Either Go To Graduate School Or Get A Job After Graduation Assume That These Choices Are I 1 (197.45 KiB) Viewed 77 times
A UCSB student can decide to either go to graduate school or get a job after graduation. Assume that these choices are independent of each other. A student is twice as likely to get a job than go to graduate school after they graduate. The probability that they do both; that is, get a job and pursue a graduate degree afterwards in 15%. (a) [5 pts). What is the probability of a student going to graduate school or getting a job after they graduate? (b) [5 pts). Use the probability found in Part (a) to find the probability that a randomly selected student will not go to graduate school and not get a job after they graduate. Hint: Define the events: G1 {student goes to graduate school} G2 = {student gets a job after graduation} and solve for P(G1) through the information provided (independence and 2x as likely).
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!