NOTE: Please explain steps clearly and legibly. I am new to this material and am trying hard to understand it. Thank you

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

NOTE: Please explain steps clearly and legibly. I am new to this material and am trying hard to understand it. Thank you

Post by answerhappygod »

NOTE: Please explain steps clearly and legibly. I am new to this
material and am trying hard to understand it. Thank you for your
precious time!
Note Please Explain Steps Clearly And Legibly I Am New To This Material And Am Trying Hard To Understand It Thank You 1
Note Please Explain Steps Clearly And Legibly I Am New To This Material And Am Trying Hard To Understand It Thank You 1 (38.04 KiB) Viewed 80 times
10. You are planting a garden this Spring and you have 3 different kinds of seeds to choose from: carrot (C), lettuce (L), and bean (B). Unfortunately, there are three pests that, if they live sufficiently close to you, will eat the young plants -- leaving you with nothing for your efforts! These pests are: rabbits (R), moles (M), and gophers (G). By checking with Ag department, you have learned the following: P(R) = 0:2 (the probability that rabbits are present) P(M) = 0:3 P(G) = 0:2 PCR) = 0:7 (the probability that carrots get eaten given that rabbits are present) PILIR) = 0:4 P(BR) = 0:6 PC|M) = 0:4 (the probability that carrots get eaten given that moles are present) P(LIM) = 0:2 P(BIM) = 0:6 PC|G) = 0:1 (the probability that carrots get eaten given that gophers are present) PLIG) = 0:8 P(BG) = 0:3 (a) What is the probability that the carrots get eaten? In other words, determine P(C). Clearly show your work if you want any credit. [10 points] (b) What is the probability that the beans are eaten and there are hungry moles nearby? In other words, determine P(B\M). Show your work. [10 points) (c) If you know that there are hungry moles and gophers nearby (but no rabbits), what is the probability that your lettuce will be eaten? Assume that the events of the moles and gophers eating the lettuce are independent. Think carefully about what you're doing here, it's a little tricky. Show your work.
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!