9. (-/7 Points] DETAILS DEVORESTAT9 2.4.045.ML MY NOTES ASK YOUR TEACHER PRACTICE ANOTHER The population of a particular

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

9. (-/7 Points] DETAILS DEVORESTAT9 2.4.045.ML MY NOTES ASK YOUR TEACHER PRACTICE ANOTHER The population of a particular

Post by answerhappygod »

9 7 Points Details Devorestat9 2 4 045 Ml My Notes Ask Your Teacher Practice Another The Population Of A Particular 1
9 7 Points Details Devorestat9 2 4 045 Ml My Notes Ask Your Teacher Practice Another The Population Of A Particular 1 (71.2 KiB) Viewed 76 times
9. (-/7 Points] DETAILS DEVORESTAT9 2.4.045.ML MY NOTES ASK YOUR TEACHER PRACTICE ANOTHER The population of a particular country consists of three cthnic groups. Each individual belongs to one of the four major blood groups. The accompanying joint probability table gives the proportions of individuals in the various ethnic group- blood group combinations. 1 o 0.082 0.121 Blood Group А B 0.120 0.141 0.018 0.192 0.073 0.007 AB 0.004 0.007 0.020 Ethnic Group 2 3 0.215 Suppose that an individual is randomly selected from the population, and define events by A = {type A selected), B = {type B selected), and C = {ethnic group 3 selected}. (a) Calculate PIA), PC), and PIAC). (Enter your answers to three decimal places.) FA) - PC) = PANC) = (b) Calculate both P(AC) and (CA). (Round your answers to three decimal places.) PAC)- FCIA) - Explain in context what cach of these probabilities represents. (Select all that apply.) If a person has type A blood, the probability that he is from ethnic group 3 is given by P(ALC). If a person has type A blood, the probability that he is from ethnic group 3 is given by PCJA). If a person has type B blood, the probability that he is from ethnic group 3 is given by PAC). If we know that the individual came from ethnic group 3, the probability that he has type A blaad is given by P{AIC). If a person has type B blood, the probability that he is from ethnic group 3 is given by PCA). If we know that the Individual came from ethnic group 3, the probability that he has type A blood is given by P(CIA). (c) If the selected individual does not have type B blood, what is the probability that he or she is from ethnic group 17 (Round your answer to three decimal places.) Need Help? Read it Watch It Master It
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!