Please answer all parts

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

Please answer all parts

Post by answerhappygod »

Please answer all parts
Please Answer All Parts 1
Please Answer All Parts 1 (50.77 KiB) Viewed 78 times
Please Answer All Parts 2
Please Answer All Parts 2 (46.17 KiB) Viewed 78 times
2.5.6. I have 450 calculators and 10 of them are defective. If I select two of them, without replacement (a) What is the probability that the second one selected is defective given that the first one was defective? 6) What is the probability that both are defective? (c) What is the probability that both are acceptable? Now I take three calculators at random without replacement. (a) What is the probability that the third one selected is defective given that the first and second ones selected were defective? (e) What is the probability that the third one selected is defective given that the first one selected was defective and the second one selected was okay? (1) What is the probability that all three are defective? 2.6.1 You are given that P(A|B) = 0.3 and P(B) = 0.4. Find the following: (a) P(ANB) (6) PCA'N B)
2.8.1 I buy light bulbs from three different stores. Meijer (25%), Kroger (40%) and Target. (35%). In the past, I found that 2% of Meijer's bulbs are faulty and 2.5% of Kroger's and Target's bulbs are also faulty. If I buy a bulb online without looking from which store, in other words it's a random choice. When I get it in the mail, I find that bulb is faulty. What is the probability that it was from Target? 2.8.2 Given that: two percent of women over 50 have breast cancer. And, ninety five percent of women who have breast cancer test positive on mammograms. And, nine percent of women will have false positive results. Find probability that a woman has cancer given positive mammogram result.
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!