An electrical circuit consists of eight components each of which is either working or failed. A monitoring system record

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

An electrical circuit consists of eight components each of which is either working or failed. A monitoring system record

Post by answerhappygod »

An Electrical Circuit Consists Of Eight Components Each Of Which Is Either Working Or Failed A Monitoring System Record 1
An Electrical Circuit Consists Of Eight Components Each Of Which Is Either Working Or Failed A Monitoring System Record 1 (154.44 KiB) Viewed 147 times
An electrical circuit consists of eight components each of which is either working or failed. A monitoring system records the status of the i-th component as a binary random variable Ii. Namely, I; = 1 if the i-th component is working, otherwise I; = 0. Thus the experiment that consists of observing the status of all the components is naturally described by the set of all possible binary vectors (11,...,18). (a) How many outcomes are in the sample space of this experiment? (b) What does the event A = {(0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0)} represent? (c) What event does the set of (11, ..., [) such that = 1;
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!