Alfred Company manufactures men's clothing. During 2019, the company reported the following items that affected cash. I

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

Alfred Company manufactures men's clothing. During 2019, the company reported the following items that affected cash. I

Post by answerhappygod »

Alfred Company manufactures men's clothing. During 2019, the company reported the
following items that affected cash. Indicate whether each of these items is a cash flow from
operating activities (O), investing activities (I), or financing activities (F).

Purchased equipment by paying cash: ___
Collected cash on account from customers: ___
Paid dividends to stockholders: ___
Paid cash for supplies: ___
Paid suppliers for fabric: ___
Borrowed money from bank on a note payable:___
Paid interest to bank on the note payable: ___
Paid wages to employees: ___
Sold shares of common stock to new
stockholders: ___
Answer:
Purchased equipment by paying cash: I
Collected cash on account from customers: O
Paid dividends to stockholders: F
Paid cash for supplies: O
Paid suppliers for fabric: O
Borrowed money from bank on a note payable: F
Paid interest to bank on the note payable: O
Paid wages to employees: O
Sold shares of common stock to new
stockholders: F
Difficulty: 2 Medium
Topic: Financial statements-Cash flows
Learning Objective: 01-01 Recognize the information conveyed in each of the four basic
financial statements and the way that it is used by different decision makers (investors, creditors,
and managers).
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!