dism. He is a principal gh school. The laboratory results included TSH, 22 mlu/L (normal range: <7 mlu/L); T4, 3.5 mcg I

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

dism. He is a principal gh school. The laboratory results included TSH, 22 mlu/L (normal range: <7 mlu/L); T4, 3.5 mcg I

Post by answerhappygod »

Dism He Is A Principal Gh School The Laboratory Results Included Tsh 22 Mlu L Normal Range 7 Mlu L T4 3 5 Mcg I 1
Dism He Is A Principal Gh School The Laboratory Results Included Tsh 22 Mlu L Normal Range 7 Mlu L T4 3 5 Mcg I 1 (142.07 KiB) Viewed 89 times
Dism He Is A Principal Gh School The Laboratory Results Included Tsh 22 Mlu L Normal Range 7 Mlu L T4 3 5 Mcg I 2
Dism He Is A Principal Gh School The Laboratory Results Included Tsh 22 Mlu L Normal Range 7 Mlu L T4 3 5 Mcg I 2 (108.84 KiB) Viewed 89 times
dism. He is a principal gh school. The laboratory results included TSH, 22 mlu/L (normal range: <7 mlu/L); T4, 3.5 mcg I range: 5 to 12 mcg/dL); Total T3, 75 mcg/dL (normal range: 80 to 220 mcg/dL); Free T4 or FT4, - (normal range: 0.7 to 2.0 mcg/dL); and Free T3, 1.7 mcg/dL (normal range: 2.3 to 4.2 mcg/dL). gns are T, 97° F; BP, 92/50 mm Hg; HR (Apical pulse), 58 beats/minute and regular; RR, 12 s/minute. He stated that since his last visit to the clinic 2 days earlier, he has noticed that he has mation and that his weight has increased another 3 lb despite eating very little because he has no ce. He also stated that he is so tired he has trouble staying awake at work. He has problems bering important things to do during the day. He also feels like he has an unusual quick temper t. He has a masklike face and periorbital edema, and the tongue is slightly enlarged. The client's fe are puffy and cold to touch. He asks the LPN/LVN to tell him how to manage hypothyroidism and che new medication, levothyroxine (Synthroid). lain why the TSH, T3, and T4 indicate the client has hypothyroidism. at is the cause of goiter? at signs and symptoms indicate Joe Clark has hypothyroidism? Explain at least 4. at is the name of the medication a client will take for hypothyroidism? at directions will you give Mr. Clark about his new medication? Mr. Clark does not take his medication or has an infection what is the life-threatening condition that -elop? What signs and symptoms would he have if he has this condition? List 3 signs and sympton discuss the nursing interventions related to these 3 signs and symptoms o gi W
Caring for Clients with Disorders of the Endocrine System Joe Clark, a 56-year-old male client, is newly diagnosed with primary hypothyroidism. He is a principal at a local high school. The laboratory results included TSH, 22 mlu/L (normal range: <7 mlu/L); T4, 3.5 mcg/d (normal range: 5 to 12 mcg/dL); Total T3,75 mcg/dL (normal range: 80 to 220 mcg/dL), Free T4 or FT4,0.5 mcg/dL (normal range: 0.7 to 2.0 mcg/dL); and Free T3, 1.7 mcg/dL (normal range: 2.3 to 4.2 mcg/dL). The vital signs are T. 97° F: BP. 92/50 mm Hg: HR (Apical pulse), 58 beats/minute and regular; RR, 12 breaths/minute. He stated that since his last visit to the clinic 2 days earlier, he has noticed that he has constipation and that his weight has increased another 3 lb despite eating very little because he has no appetite. He also stated that he is so tired he has trouble staying awake at work. He has problems remembering important things to do during the day. He also feels like he has an unusual quick temper toward others. He has a masklike face and periorbital edema, and the tongue is slightly enlarged. The client's feet and hands are puffy and cold to touch. He asks the LPN/LVN to tell him how to manage hypothyroidism and more about the new medication, levothyroxine (Synthroid). 1. Explain why the TSH,T3, and T4 indicate the client has hypothyroidism. 2. What is the cause of goiter? 3. What signs and symptoms indicate Joe Clark has hypothyroidism? Explain at least 4. 4. What is the name of the medication a client will take for hypothyroidism? 5. What directions will you give Mr. Clark about his new medication? 6. If Mr. Clark does not take his medication or has an infection what is the life-threatening condition that can develop? What signs and symptoms would he have if he has this condition? List 3 signs and symptoms and discuss the nursing interventions related to these 3 signs and symptoms earch O gi
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!