Ian and Molly were in nursing school together, and both of them have chosen to become professional psychiatric nurses. A

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

Ian and Molly were in nursing school together, and both of them have chosen to become professional psychiatric nurses. A

Post by answerhappygod »

Ian and Molly were in nursing school together, and both of them have chosen to become professional psychiatric nurses. At a 5-year school reunion, they meet up again and compare notes about their very different jobs.
As Ian describes his job, he mentions that, in addition to the reward of daily interactions with his patients, one of the things he most enjoys at work is the chance to coordinate implementation of the whole team’s nursing care plan (although he doesn’t enjoy all the documentation all that much!).
“In particular,” he says, “I really take pride in helping a patient’s entire team—you know, family, clinicians, other nurses, etc.—really come together to collaborate on the patient’s care plan. I’m good at it and find it rewarding. In fact, now I’ve been asked by my supervisor to lead a training session in which I demonstrate for my peers how I perform patient education when introducing new drugs into a patient’s regimen.”
“That’s great!” Molly says. “I remember you always scored higher than the rest of us on your ability to win a patient’s confidence and trust. You always had the best assessments and patient teaching skills. I think it’s really a gift! Me, I feel I’m better at detail work, and while I do enjoy the chance to do one-on-one patient education like you do, what I really like is conducting group therapy sessions and acting as a consultant for nurses in other disciplines both at our hospital and in other cities.”
Question 1
Which professional level of psychiatric-mental health nursing are Ian and Molly each practicing?
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!