Animals that reproduce rapidly tend to live short live and animals that reproduce slowly tend to live long lives. This i

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

Animals that reproduce rapidly tend to live short live and animals that reproduce slowly tend to live long lives. This i

Post by answerhappygod »

Animals That Reproduce Rapidly Tend To Live Short Live And Animals That Reproduce Slowly Tend To Live Long Lives This I 1
Animals That Reproduce Rapidly Tend To Live Short Live And Animals That Reproduce Slowly Tend To Live Long Lives This I 1 (73.77 KiB) Viewed 69 times
Animals That Reproduce Rapidly Tend To Live Short Live And Animals That Reproduce Slowly Tend To Live Long Lives This I 2
Animals That Reproduce Rapidly Tend To Live Short Live And Animals That Reproduce Slowly Tend To Live Long Lives This I 2 (20.52 KiB) Viewed 69 times
Animals That Reproduce Rapidly Tend To Live Short Live And Animals That Reproduce Slowly Tend To Live Long Lives This I 3
Animals That Reproduce Rapidly Tend To Live Short Live And Animals That Reproduce Slowly Tend To Live Long Lives This I 3 (24.74 KiB) Viewed 69 times
Animals that reproduce rapidly tend to live short live and animals that reproduce slowly tend to live long lives. This is thought to be because animals have limited resources for growth and reproduction. Thus resources spent on reproduction are expected to carry cost because those resources will not be available for other biological functions. The goal of this study was to explore some of these physiological costs by experimentally eliminating most aspects of reproductive investment in female brown anole lizards. Wild adult females received one of two treatments (SHAM, OVX). OVX lizards had their ovaries removed to eliminate reproduction. The SHAM lizards were given the same anesthesia and incision that the OVX lizards received, but no organs were removed. All the lizards were given the same care after surgery to return them to full function before release. After recovery from surgery, females were then released back to the wild and recaptured several months later, which would be toward the end of their breeding season. At recapture, several traits were measured and compared between OVX and SHAM to test whether reproduction incurs physiological costs. In the attached data file, you have the results for measurements of body mass growth (in grams) over the duration of the experiment.
1 Growth of lizards () 2OVX SHAM 3 1.1 0.8 4 0.4 0.4 5 0.8 0.2 6 0.9 0.3 7 0.4 0.3 8 0.8 0.6 9 0.7 0.6 10 0.6 0.3 11 0.6 0.2 12 0.7 0.2 13 0.2 -0.1 14 0.8 0.1 15 0.5 0.4 16 0.1 17 0,5 0.2 18 0.3 0 19 0.8 0.3 20 0.6 0.2 21 0.5 0.6 22 0.5 23 0.9 24 0.5 25 0.3 26 0.4 27 0.4 28 0.7 0.6 Sheet1 Ready Type here to
Identify the appropriate statistical test for the experiment and explain why it's appropriate (1 pt) • Conduct the required statistical test(s), being sure to report their results in their proper format. Attach the required files from your statistical software here as well (check the handbook for the appropriate statistical program to see what you need to include) (3 pts) • Based on your results, what do you conclude and why do you conclude it (2 pts)?
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!