Mouth Discomfort 29. Complete the table below with information from pages 124 to 127 of the text. What you might observe

Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Operations Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Algebra, Precalculus, Statistics and Probabilty, Advanced Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing, Psychology, Certifications, Tests, Prep, and more.
answerhappygod
Site Admin

Mouth Discomfort 29. Complete the table below with information from pages 124 to 127 of the text. What you might observe

Post by answerhappygod »

Mouth Discomfort 29 Complete The Table Below With Information From Pages 124 To 127 Of The Text What You Might Observe 1
Mouth Discomfort 29 Complete The Table Below With Information From Pages 124 To 127 Of The Text What You Might Observe 1 (94.98 KiB) Viewed 75 times
Mouth Discomfort 29 Complete The Table Below With Information From Pages 124 To 127 Of The Text What You Might Observe 2
Mouth Discomfort 29 Complete The Table Below With Information From Pages 124 To 127 Of The Text What You Might Observe 2 (83.77 KiB) Viewed 75 times
Mouth Discomfort 29. Complete the table below with information from pages 124 to 127 of the text. What you might observe if a person has a dry mouth What you might ask a dying person to better understand their needs Comfort measures that might be helpful 1. 1. 1. 2. 2. 2. 3. 3. 3. Nausea and vomiting 30. Consider this scenario. She was crying on the bed when I entered her room. She said, "I'm so tired of this nausea; I wish I could just die." I sat with her and held her hand. It was the only way I thought I could be helpful at that moment When she was less distressed, we talked. I used the Symptom Framework for PSWs to better under- stand what was happening, and then I phoned the nurse to report. a. Remember a time when you or a friend or family member were nauseated. Using the Symptom Framework for PSWS adapted for nausea and vomiting on page 37, consider possible answers that a nauseous person might give you when you ask the questions. Write what you "heard" as though you were recording for a person experiencing nausea.
Symptom Framework adapted for nausea and vomiting When did the symptom begin? Is this new, or has this happened before? Did it start suddenly or slowly? 0 Onset What makes the symptom feel better? Worse? P Provoking/Palliating Can you describe the discomfort? How does this symptom affect you? Q Quality Where are you feeling the symptom? R Region/Radiating How severe is the symptom? 0 = no symptom and 10 = the worst imaginable Small, medium, large Mild, moderate, severe S Severity What do you think might be helpful? T Treatment What do you think might be happening? U Understanding What are your goals for the symptom? V Values What else do you want me to know or do? For the PSW:Consider your knowledge of this person-what do you see? What do you believe would be helpful? W What else?
Join a community of subject matter experts. Register for FREE to view solutions, replies, and use search function. Request answer by replying!